Monday, July 20, 2009

WoW, this game sucks...

Mind you, I've only played this game TODAY and only for like 3 hours, so I'm sure to get flak from hardcore people, but I don't really like it at all, especially after all the hype from people who buy Guild Wars and talk about how much it sucks compared to WoW. I'll rate this on points that people have brought up and on a comparative scale. Quests are on a comparative scale to introductory quests from GW, which serve the same purpose as the ones I've completed. Skills are being compared only to starter skills in GW and rated on the number available as compared to GW.
Interface      3/10
Char. Creation 9/10
Graphics 4/10
Quests 2/10
Skills 2/10
Armor 7/10
Sound/Music 6/10
-------------------
Overall 33/70

Wow, that's even lower than I thought I'd rate it.

-INTERFACE:
--Awkward placement
--Cluttered
-CHARACTER CREATION:
--There is an assortment of races, each with classes limited by the race.
--There are 6 available classes maximum for good or evil in both GW and WoW
--Lost a point for how horrible the creation interface is. ONLY one point. I'm being nice.
-GRAPHICS
--They suck. Period. They're just horrible, even on the highest settings.
-QUESTS
--While introductory quests are ALWAYS "kill this many enemies!", "pick this up!", or "Collect this many of this item!" in pretty much every MMO, many are rendered nigh impossible by spawn campers and high-leveled characters in newbie land.
-SKILLS
--The skills are visually appealing and effective; however, the enchantments last FAR too long for balanced gameplay and characters have FAR too many skills that they can use whenever. A limit on skills allows more strategy while playing, as does skill balancing. As much as people complain about ArenaNet nerfing skills, they're doing it for the overall enjoyment of the players as well as requiring a more intelligent group of players. Me saying this also comes as a surprise, because I RARELY defend ANet.
-ARMOR
--There is a good selection of armor early on and it is limited by class, level, and proficiency.
--Many armors are unrealistic/illogical, even for a fantasy world, like shoulder pads that are larger than the character's chest.
--The LOW LEVEL armors are actually attractive and I wouldn't mind seeing some in GW.
-SOUND/MUSIC
--Overall, it's pretty good. However, the music during character creation sounds a bit too much like it could be used as battle music in a Final Fantasy knockoff.
--It's hard to hear music of all the people casting spells (I know, you can change volume levels, but one shouldn't have to)
--Spells, actions, and monsters make "appropriate" sounds (what one would expect).
-OVERALL:
--If it was free, it'd be worth it. $12.99 a month for something so craptastic is a bigger waste than gardening supplies for the guy in Metallica's One.

2 comments:

  1. Hence why about 90% of the things I talk about on Solve Unamusement are free to obtain and/or do. XD

    Paying for things that turn out shmity always leaves a bad taste in your mouth but if you got it for free, WHAT THE HECK... RIGHT?

    I've had trouble "finding" myself a "good" MMO. ALTHOUGH, I have recently re-found one of my old time favorites. I shall "talk" about it later and will not give you many/any hits at all as to what it is. Except for this.

    Hint: Its free to play!

    I hear that WoW doesn't START until you level cap which is CRAP for ANY game, in my honest opinion. Any game that causes me to put THOUSANDS of hours needs to not suck outa da box/on install.

    All of THAT aside, this post kinda made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It better not be runescape >.> You don't want to see the ratings I'd give that <.<

    ReplyDelete